Thank you Bayside Clients!!
Doggie Daycare & Group Play Options
Bayside Bed & Biscuit has several doggie daycare options available Monday through Saturday to accommodate you and your dog’s busy schedule. With daycare activities for both social and active pups as well as the non-social &/or pampered pups, we have something for everyone.
Daycare/Individual Play Options
Currently we offer two options for individual daycare play.
A.) Daycare is available on a daily basis (Monday through Saturday) for just $18 per pet. This service provides your pet(s) with a 15 minute playtime with one of our trained staff. Your dog will stay in one of our state rooms and will receive two potty walks and a snack. We also have daycare for cats who stay in the “cattery”. Advanced reservations are highly recommended.
B.) Master State Room Daycare is also available on a daily basis (Monday through Saturday) for a fee of just $22 per dog. Your dog will stay in one of our Master Suites and will receive a 15 minute playtime with one of our staff, a snack ad two potty walks. The Master Suites resemble a bedroom setting, complete with wrought iron bed and television. Advanced reservations highly recommended.
Group Play is offered Monday through Friday and offers your dog socialization and exercise in a fun and safe, supervised environment. It is one of the most popular and fun times at Bayside Bed & Biscuit. We’ve got big yards to run in, swimming pools, toys galore & lots of love for your babies. Large dogs play together in our huge play yard and outdoor pavilion. Smaller dogs play with their friends in the big yard behind the boarding area. Both groups have indoor alternatives in case of bad weather. Day Care Deck Hands have specialized training for dogs in group play and every pet in group is supervised closely. We do recommend and encourage making a reservation for Group Play as space is sometimes limited.
Due to the highly physical nature of Group Play, we do not recommend feeding your dog within one hour of Group Play, due to the risk of “bloat”. We can provide meals/treats as needed during “rest time” from 11:30 – 1:00.
The guidelines, rules and temperament test application for Group Play are listed below.
Please come back and visit the group activities page often & see what new fun we have added.
Join us on Facebook!
New Group Play Information Made Easy!!!
Easy drop-off from 7:00 to 8:00 a.m., before usual business hours, you can take advantage of our new early drop-off, just take your Group Player to the Training Building during this hour and you’re on your way. After 8:00 a.m., it’s your choice either at the front desk or at the Training Building.
Take your dog’s leash and collar with you at drop-off and bring them back at pick-up. Our Bayside Bed & Biscuit leashes will be used by staff when needed during the day. This ensures that leashes and collars go home on the right pet. This will also keep them from getting damaged or worn in bad weather.
Easy pick-up after the end of Group Play for both half-day Players and full-day Players. The easiest way (and best value for you) is to have a punch card on file. Please ask a Cruise Director for more information if you need it. Please make sure you have a current credit card on file to ensure an easy pick up from the training building. You can always come inside & get your kids also.
No need to pack treats or lunch, we have treats for all participants. It’s okay to bring in treats for your dog, please limit the number of treats to 2 for small dogs and 4 for large dogs. We will take care of any meals if needed.
We appreciate everyone’s help in making our group play the best available. Any questions, comments or concerns please let us know. The only way we can grow & have the best care is by having such great clients & crew.
Bayside Bed & Biscuit Group Play Guidelines & Temperament Test
These guidelines are meant to keep all pets happy, healthy & safe. These guidelines allow us to provide a positive social environment for your pet at all times.
To participate in “group play” activities, all dogs must be:
- At least four (4) months old
- Spayed or neutered @ six (6) months old
- Current on all vaccinations (administered by a licensed veterinarian)
- Free of flea & ticks
- Able to respond to our staff at all times (basic commands & directions)
- Not aggressive, dominant or fearful
- Pass “Temperament Test”
- The following vaccinations are required & must be maintained current after initial series of puppy boosters:
- Rabies: Annual or 3-yr, based on specific documentation by your vet
- DHPP: 1-yr booster at age 1; every 3 years thereafter
- Bordetella: (Canine Cough): every 6 months
- CIV: Canine Influenza Virus: Annual with booster 3-4 weeks after initial shot (if past 4 weeks after initial shot, vaccination must be re-administered.
- ALL vaccinations must be administered by a licensed, accredited vet.
- Pets that pass their Temperament Test are approved for “Group Activities”. All pets that are approved are always considered “on probation” since their behavior can change from day to day. If their social skills become unsuitable at any time, their “group activities” privileges may be suspended.
- Advanced reservations are recommended but not required for your pet to participate in “group activities”.
- You can guarantee a spot in your favorite activity with a standing reservation.
- Or individual daily reservations can be made in advance by contacting our facility during regular business hours.
- Walk-ins or same day reservations are ok as well.
- Pets who have not participated in “group activities” for over 3 months will be re-introduced to the pack & monitored closely for any behavioral changes.
- If their behavior has changed such that it imposes a safety risk to other pets, staff or themselves, may have their privileges suspended.
- If your pet has not participated in “group activities” for over 6 months, will need to be re-evaluated.
- The initial fee for Temperament Testing is $25 & covers a full day of play.
- Dogs must be here by 8 a.m. on the day of Temperament Testing for the a.m. session or by 12 p.m. for the afternoon session.
- The Temperament Test application must be filled out entirely & be on file prior to the actual “test”. (see below for Temp Test application)
- We offer 2 sessions per day (M-F) the cost is $15/a session or $25/all day play *
- The a.m. session is from 7:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Rest time from 11:30 – 1:00
- The p.m. session is from 1:00 p.m. – Close
*Advanced reservations are requested and Standing Reservations are advised.
*Save $$ with a “Punch Card”, 1/2-day punch card is $150 and gives you 11, rather than 10 group plays. And all-day players get 11 full days instead of 10, for $250. (see front desk for details)
Please click the link below for Temp Test Application, download, print & fill it out and call 281.334.9663 to set appointment.
Take a peek at Canines & Coffee 4.27.13
Canines & Coffee
Canines & Coffee is the last Saturday morning of every month and is for social and almost social dogs of all sizes and friendly attitudes. Canines & Coffee is based on Group Play (doggie daycare) one of our most popular and fun programs. During Canines & Coffee, large dogs can play together in our huge new play yard, added last fall to our outdoor pavilion. Smaller dogs play with their friends in the second largest yard. Deck Hands, trained in group play will supervise each group closely. Canines & Coffee will allow you to enjoy coffee and snacks with other pet lovers while your pet plays. Please bring $5 and your dog’s vaccination records if we don’t have them on file. Dogs who have aggressive natures, “space” issues or who are not spayed or neutered may not attend.
Canines & Coffee 1.26.13
Please check our events calender for upcoming dates.